Fashion

Winter skincare

With winter fast approaching one of the many concerns for people is how to care for their skin during the harsh weather. Common issues include dry skin, chapped lips and rough “scaly” skin to name a few.

Usually the best way to avoid many of these skin problems is to start preparing your winter skincare routine in the summer or autumn. This ensures your skin remains moisturised, beautiful, and healthy throughout the cold. However, for those who may not have started, it’s never too late. We have a few tips and tricks to combat all the awful and sometimes embarrassing skin problems that come along with the festive months.

There are only a few common factors when it comes to taking care of your skin:
• Washing your face with a good cleanser.
• Moisturising at least twice a day.
• Washing any clothes/bedding that come into contact with your face on a regular basis.
• Having a morning/night routine where you use the same products. When you find a product that works stick to it. Avoiding changing as this can cause breakouts.
• Keeping hydrated.
• Removing your make up every night.

The first step in taking care of your skin, particularly the face, is to identify which listed skin type you are. This may be a bit challenging considering some people may have one skin type for their face and another for type for their body; therefore you’ll have to take more time in caring for your skin. However, even if it is more tricky, it is essential that you do so, as all skin types require different care and treatment.

1. Normal skin type
This is otherwise known as a skin type belonging to those who do not suffer from oily or dry skin. This is possibly the easiest routine to find, as you will just need to use a normal skin face wash as required and a basic moisturiser for day and night.

2. Combination skin type
Combination skin type essentially means that you have a mixture of dry and oily skin in different areas of your face. Particular problems areas are the T-zone (i.e. across your forehead, nose, and chin in a ‘T’ shape). In these areas you may have enlarged pores and be more prone to breakouts. You’ll need to use a scrub, and you may like to use a facemask every now and then to help reduce the size of the pores and to avoid excessive oil buildup. Finding a good daily moisturiser is essential.

3. Oily skin
Many people think this is one of the hardest skin categories to cater for, and that they must not moisturise in order to avoid the dreaded shine. This is totally untrue, and moisturising twice a day is still necessary. Just try and ensure that the product you choose is neither too rich, nor full of oil; a basic high-street brand is perfectly adequate.

Oily skin can also cause problems when applying makeup and staying fresh during the day without having to cake on excess powder to cover the problem areas. Invest in a good primer to apply before foundation, as well as translucent powder to apply generously once facial makeup is complete. If the problem persists then try using blotting paper when needed – this should also help prevent breakouts.

4. Dry skin
With dry skin moisturising is key. Twice a day is great and focus on using richer and creamier formulas. As your skin loves moisture, you are lucky enough to not have to shy away from oils. Coconut and jojoba are some of the best as they can be easily absorbed into the skin, and jojoba oil is similar to the sebum that your skin naturally produces. A common myth is that people with dry skin should avoid washing their skin, but this is actually untrue. I suggest instead opting for more gentle cleansers and cleansing milks. You can even just rinse your skin with water on days that you don’t wear makeup; after all it can only benefit your skin to keep it in regular contact with water. Clearer pores allow your moisturiser of choice to really penetrate the skin.

17/11/2015

RoseneathMachube

12
3456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31