With one event left this semester the Ziggurat Challenge meets its halfway stage of proceedings. As always it has been sufficiently participated and for those who have taken part, incredibly enjoyable.

The challenge started in familiar fashion with the fun run where hundreds of students, faculty members and support staff ran, jogged or walked their way around the lake. Biology amassed 121 people to win the event marginally beating Pharmacy. Special mention must be given to Medicine who gained the most points from podium finishes, male and female combined.

Since the first event there have been seven other events and, awaiting swimming results, Pharmacy are top of the league with an 80 point lead on Education in second. The lead is substantial due to Pharmacy being the only school to use both their jokers, meaning that there is plenty of chance for change at the top.

With only eight out of the 20 events completed any team can mount a challenge to attain championship glory. This comes from participation, as there are considerable amounts of bonuses offered for turning up and having a go.

With so many events to play in and such a variety on offer it is surprising that attendances to the events are not full. Teams do not always meet their full allocation of players which come down to members of schools deciding not to participate. This is no fault of the representatives who attempt to put teams together each week and may be due to students not being fully aware of what the Ziggurat Challenge is all about.

The Ziggurat Challenge is a free weekly event that requires absolutely no previous experience, just a will to play. There are various representatives from each school who, if contacted, will most certainly put any person in their team.

Their details can be found in the buildings of their respected school. If this is not the case, Rachel Tomes, as organiser, is the lady to contact about participating. Her email address is r.tomes@uea.ac.uk.

Individual event winners:

• Fun run- BIO
  • Rounders – AHP/CMP
  • Football – MED
  • Netball – EDU
  • Table Tennis – SWK/PSY
  • Volleyball – MTH/NCS
  • Team Challenge – PHA
  • Badminton – MTH/NCS